We believe in challenging the body naturally to create a balance between strength and weight. Motiv8 trains our athletes to have the functional and mental strength to improve all parts of life. Our commitment to holistic health and fitness runs deeper than building a beautiful body. We maximize the potential that lies within you to help you achieve your best.
We Motiv8 people to unlock their full potential both physically and mentally. Motiv8 builds a community of like-minded individuals with similar goals. We foster positive lifestyle habits that drive health thru diet, exercise and community support. With Motiv8 you will gain a new charge on life that will improve your health, career and family. You will inspire others and accomplish what you never thought possible.
Interval Training Proven to Work
HIIT training stands for High-Intensity Interval Training. It is an exercise methodology that uses short periods of intense bouts of exercise mixed with lower-intensity recovery periods or "active recovery".
Typically a HIIT workout will consist of a warmup followed by no longer than 30 minutes of high- and low-intensity mixed intervals. Afterward, cooling down and stretching is vital for reducing soreness and shortening of muscle fibers that leads to injury.
In several studies, HIIT has been shown to provide similar benefits as "steady state" training using much less time. Subjects using HIIT training just 3 times per week were found to have achieved similar gains to those who trained 5 times per week using other methods. Larger overall gains in VO2 Max (a common marker for cardiovascular health) have also been observed.
Our indoor HIIT training features a station format with functional equipment, short strength building intervals and stationary cardio, while our outdoor bootcamp-style HIIT training incorporates more body weight exercises and running intervals. Both are effective at delivering results fast!Your Membership with Motiv8 Includes...
- Unlimited attendance at any of our HIIT workouts across the Austin area (see our schedule)
- Personal counseling and advice on nutrition, exercise and life coaching
- Access to our weekly tips on nutrition, exercise and motivation
- Access to any of our personal fitness training experts to mentor you on your unique journey
- Access to our amazing community of health-focused, inspiring Motiv8ers
- Various social and athletic events and group outings in the Austin area with the Motiv8 community
Running Faster is Our Passion
Motiv8’s coaches second passion is running and it’s always been our goal to share that passion with anyone wanting to incorporate running into their healthy lifestyle. Introducing Team Motiv8!
With our running program, you will learn techniques, tips and tricks to grow a desire to run and become more efficient, faster and injury free while doing so. We run everywhere--on the road, on the trail, on the track--and we can help you understand the appropriate way to tackle each surface to make the most of your training and see results fast!
Our group runs consist of track and hill workouts during the week and a free-to-everyone, more social, laid-back, long (typically trail) run on Sundays. Our program can help you tackle anything from your first road 5k to accomplishing a new fast personal record (PR) to tackling your first mountain ultramarathon.
After just 3 months, you can see significant gains in your form, speed and cardiovascular health through our program. Improvements in VO2 max, lactate threshold and running efficiency will lead to more than just breaking fitness plateaus. With Motiv8, you will gain the strength and endurance to accomplish new personal records and race performances to celebrate!Your Running Training Membership with Motiv8 Includes...
- Track-based speed / hill training workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Long runs every Sunday to build your endurance for higher mileage
- Coaching and Instruction on running form and biomechanics
- Education on injury prevention, rest protocol and foam rolling
- Individualized personal consultation from experienced runners
- Access to free 5k and 10k training plans
- 10% discount on shoes and apparel at Austin Trail Running Company
Yoga Makes You a Better Athlete
At Motiv8, being fit isn't just about strength and speed. It's about balance, calmness and making time for reflection. Motiv8 brings that balance with yoga taught by certified instructors and designed to improve flexibility and reduce injury.
Yoga lengthens muscles and aligns joints to improve posture, maintain strength and flexibility. The mindful movements improve circulation and provide a wide range of therapeutic benefits. Breathing exercises boost energy, calm the mind and nervous system and improve the efficiency of bodily systems. Relaxation counteracts the effects of stress and allows the body to recharge. Over time, yoga will make you suppler, stronger and relaxed, and promote holistic health and well-being.
We offer passes to our Yoga sessions as well as an unlimited membership that grants you full access to our entire schedule of teachers and class times. All passes can be used at any yoga session that Motiv8 hosts, and the passes do not expire. You may choose from 5 or 11 class passes or even a 3-pass trial just to try it out if you're unsure if yoga is right for you!Your Yoga Membership with Motiv8 Includes...
- Attendance at any of our yoga sessions (unlimited classes for unlimited members only)
- Exposure to different styles of yoga including hatha, vinyasa, and Yin
- Instruction on posture variations and alignment